Assistant/Associate Professor, Foundations
7 days left
- Full Time
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With over 900 faculty and staff serving approximately 10,000 students across two main campuses - as well as satellite locations in Abu Dhabi and Dubai- the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, cultural organizations, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be fully bilingual in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills. The primary language of instruction and administration is English. Zayed University is fully accredited in the U.A.E. as well as by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the U.S.A.
The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe and family-friendly environment.
The College of Art and Creative Enterprises (CACE)
CACE offers students a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in the following: Animation, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Visual Art and a shared BSc in Multimedia Design. Additionally, we offer a minor in Curatorial Studies. CACE aims to prepare students to become creative leaders in the arts and related industries. Our mission is to provide student artists and designers with an opportunity to explore and develop their own creative ideas while contributing to national initiatives in the culture of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The College works closely with faculty in other university disciplines such as the majors in Multi-Media Design, in Emirati Studies, and the MA in Museum Studies. CACE has received Substantial Equivalency from the National Schools of Art & Design for its academic programs.
In order to meet the growing enrollment at the college, CACE seeks two qualified candidates to fill full-time, multi-year, faculty positions in the area of Foundations and to teach in the baccalaureate program and a Foundations Coordinator, starting in January 2020.
Applicants must have earned a Doctorate or Master of Fine Arts degree (or equivalent terminal degree) in Animation Design, Graphic Design, Visual Arts or a related field. Experience with graduate programs and academic administrative experience would be an asset. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will make a valuable contribution to the development of the programs in the College through instruction of introductory level courses covering a wide range of learning outcomes. The successful candidate should demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and experience in foundational-level instruction at the undergraduate level. The candidate’s approach and experience in engaging students through a variety of learning outcomes should be evident within their teaching portfolio, statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work. Courses in Foundations are interdisciplinary in nature that incorporate practices of both art and design. Course priority include: Principles of Design, Art Foundations, Basic Design, and Research Methods for Artists and Designers.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- A proven record of excellence in baccalaureate-level teaching. Suggested areas include drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, printmaking, illustration, animation, or graphic design
- Dedication to curricular innovation.
- Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities.
- A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
- Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and to the College.
- For the coordinator position, experience in Foundations program coordination would be an asset
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website.
In addition to completing the online application form, please uploaded one document containing:
- Cover letter
- Current Curricular Vitae
- Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
- Statement of Research (scholarly and creative interests)
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of the terminal degree and transcript
- The names and contact details of three professional references
Also, a portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student work should be provided as a PDF, or hyperlink or reliable website, and sent through dropbox or we transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and please reference the job title in the subject heading.
More searches like this
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates