Postdoctor to SPECIES (2 year position)
Lund University, MAX IV , Spectroscopy
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light. As a national laboratory, MAX IV is operated in agreement with governmental regulations, and in compliance with major funders such as the Swedish Research Council (VR) and the Wallenberg Foundation. 250 people are currently employed at MAX IV Laboratory, and 16 beamlines are funded. The facility is in a ramp-up phase with 3 beamlines now receiving users and 13 more scheduled to be commissioned and built to receive users within the next few years. The facility is dimensioned for 25-28 beamlines.
We are now looking for a Postdoc to SPECIES in the APXPS group
We are looking for a postdoc to work as a part of the APXPS group comprised of HIPPIE and SPECIES (APXPS branch) beamlines during two years’ time. Both HIPPIE (on 3 GeV ring of MAX IV) and SPECIES (on 1,5 GeV ring of MAX IV) beamlines are dedicated to ambient pressure x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (APXPS).
The HIPPIE beamline is operational since early 2018 whereas SPECIES beamline begins its operation in the Fall of 2019. To our users we offer different sample environments (to different extent at different beamlines) for the study of e.g. catalysis, electrochemistry, thin film growth, sulphur chemistry, and liquid jets.
Likewise, we offer our users the possibility of simultaneous APXPS, PM-IRRAS (only at HIPPIE) and mass spectroscopy investigations. In addition to user operation we continue to commission the beamline and end station.
This position is dedicated to SPECIES.
The work tasks of the postdoc to SPECIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of her/his own scientific project within the possibilities and capabilities of the beamline and collaboration with user groups Interaction with and support of expert users and regular users (at a later stage)
- Active participation in the continued commissioning of the beam lines and end stations in collaboration with the entire team
The scientific project of the researcher can also make use of other beamlines at MAX IV or at other synchrotron radiation facilities. The general surface science environment of MAX IV (which includes a scanning tunnelling microscopy laboratory) can also be employed.
- The successful candidate must hold a PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science, or a related discipline
- Documented extensive experience of performing and interpreting surface science experiments
- Documented extensive experience of working with ultrahigh vacuum instrumentation
- Documented experience of synchrotron-based spectroscopy and/or microscopy experiments, of working with x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and of work with the design and set-up of new surface science instruments are considered an advantage
- Experience in ALD or time-resolved experiments is considered as advantage
The ability work in a team, good communication skills and good command of the English language are mandatory.
This is a post-doctoral position for two years. Appointment to a post-doctoral position requires that the doctoral degree or equivalent is completed no more than three years before the last date for applications. Under special circumstances, the doctoral degree can have been completed earlier.
On call services may apply in the future. Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
To apply, please click the button "Login and apply"
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment As per agreement.
Salary Monthly salary.
Number of positions 1 Working hours 100
Contact Andrey Shavorskiy, +46-702381657 Union representative OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62 SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64 SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-222 93 66
Last application date 28.Nov.2019 11:59 PM CET