Senior Supervisor, Genome Laboratory
- Supervise and assign lab staff to various benches and tasks
- Perform basic troubleshooting of assay problems as directed by senior staff.
- Communicate problems/issues to appropriate individuals. • Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation for lab inspections.
- Review lab inspection documents and procedures to maintain knowledge.
- Bring any non-compliance issues to the attention of upper level staff.
- Document quality control and quality assurance results.
- Notify upper level personnel of instrument malfunctions or unusual or unexpected data or results.
- Review written procedures and policies for accuracy and submit changes to manager or designee.
- Understand, comply, and perform with all necessary safety procedures.
- Comply with competency testing procedures for the laboratory staff.
- May provide technical guidance and instruction to students, interns, residents, staff and other employees.
- Consistently cooperate and communicate effectively with co-workers to ensure effective workflow.
- Perform a variety of metabolic tests using standard techniques and equipment; perform related duties in the laboratory to include specimen handling, using manual and automatic equipment to test specimens
- Process patient samples for testing using appropriate identification techniques and written procedures to ensure quality material for testing.
- Calibrate and maintain instrumentation according to standard operating procedure.
- Participate in the development of new medical laboratory tests and techniques
- Perform proficiency testing as directed to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
MSc degree required Must be a licensed or registered as medical laboratory technologist PhD education level is preferred
Must have experience in metabolic or special chemistry in high volume laboratory At least five years prior supervisory or managerial experience in a laboratory setting preferred. Demonstrated team work, initiative, and customer service skills Ability to organize workload, and good work habits Professionalism and ability to exercise good judgment
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interest candidates should submit their CV online with a brief summary of their goals and names of 3 referees to UAEU careers website
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Support Services Unit - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 12000 to 28000 AED