Postdoctoral Position in Telomere Biology
Department Central European Institute of Technology
Deadline 31 Jan 2020
Start date 1.2.2020
Description: We are seeking a postdoctoral scientist to join the Research group of Jiří Fajkus https://www.ceitec.eu/chromatin-molecular-complexes-jiri-fajkus/rg51 for solving a project on telomerase biogenesis in plants. We aim to follow-up our recent characterisation of telomerase RNA subunits across land plants https://academic.oup.com/nar/article/47/18/9842/5545009?searchresult=1 and characterise regulation of TR transcription, TR secondary structure and interactions with proteins. Next we aim to investigate structure of particular TR-protein sub-complexes and telomerase holoenzyme complex assembly in plant cells.
The research group is part of the Mendel Centre for Plant Genomics and Proteomics at CEITEC, Masaryk University. It is well equipped by instrumentation for biochemistry and molecular biology. Major infrastructure for genomics, proteomics, cellular imaging, bioinformatics, structural biology and plant cultivation under well-defined conditions is available in respective CEITEC core facilities, together with highly professional personnel prepared to consult the experimental set-up or perform specific tasks on a service base. Assistance of a technician is available to perform routine tasks. Involvement in supervision of undergraduate and PhD students is expected.
- Successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, genomics, bioinformatics or a related field.
- The applicant must have demonstrated ability to independently pursue on his/her research projects and write manuscripts.
- The applicant should have a previous experience in at least one of the following fields of research: RNA biology, plant molecular biology, telomere biology
- A competitive salary
- Contract for 2 years, extendible till the end 2024
- In house core facilities with expert support.
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service).
- Six weeks of paid holidays.
Anticipated start date: flexible but not later than July 1st, 2020.
Please quote “Postdoc in telomere biology” in the subject.
Application deadline: 31. 1. 2020