- Full Time
Department: Office of Legal Affairs (OLA)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: December 9th 2019, (Applications will be reviewed when received)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Junior Lawyer will be part of the OLA team that handles all legal matters affecting UCA in three states (Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan). The Junior Lawyer will serve as a generalist in the office with responsibilities including, among other things, routine contract drafting, review and negotiation, litigation support and management, investigation support and legal advice on various matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely draft and review contracts and other legal documents;
- Research and analyze the law on various issues and writing briefs;
- Assist with OLA’s project and initiatives (intranet, knowledge management etc);
- Travel to campuses in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan (when required).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Specialist Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in law;
- A minimum of three years of experience as a lawyer;
- Good researching, drafting and communication skills in English and Russian;
- Good planning, organization and attention to details;
- Strong work ethic, client confidentiality;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
The Junior Lawyer will report to the Director of the Office of Legal Affairs.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by December 9th 2019. Applications will be reviewed when received. Early applications are strongly encouraged. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Junior Lawyer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.