Finance Manager/Senior Accountant, Office of Finance
Closing On 24 Nov 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Responsible for financial books, ensuring compliance with Singapore FRS.
- Execute month end close process and full financial reporting.
- Prepare/review journal entry postings.
- Review audit schedules.
- Lead statutory audit and statutory filings.
- Coordinate to establish and implement accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Support cash, debt, and financial planning and forecasting.
- Perform financial modelling and analyses for various projects.
- Prepare key reports, papers and presentations to senior management, the Board, and other stakeholders.
- Manage related IT projects.
- Other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities.
- Degree or professional qualification in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Audit experience, especially with the Big 4, would be advantageous.
- Candidates with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) would be advantageous.
- Good technical knowledge in accounting, well versed in FRS and its application.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in SAP will be advantageous.
- Good organization skills, able to multi-task and take initiative.
- Able to work independently and flexibly to lead projects and problem solve.
- Proactive and mature team player who can communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Capable of working under time constraints and meeting tight deadlines.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.