Senior Events and Public Relations Officer, Office of the Vice President
4 days left
- Full Time
The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Events and Public Relations Officer who will be under the direction and supervision of Manager, Protocol & Administration, spearheads the provision of Events & Public Relations support to the VPO, ZU employees, and external entities as needed, especially in the Dubai Campus.
- Plans and implements all activities and events associated with the VPO on the Dubai Campus.
- Seeks support from the Abu Dhabi Event and Protocol Coordinator, as needed.
- Ensures exceptional planning and execution of major VPO events related to Dubai Campus.
- Provides timely, comprehensive and professional interaction with appropriate parties to offer services in support of University events.
- Reviews event arrangements organized by other departments or colleges as requested to assure presentations meet the standards of the University.
- Maintains listing of events for the VP Office Dubai Campus.
VIPs & VPO Guests/Visitors:
- Maintains a data base of VIP guest names and contact details.
- Organizes the mass mailings to VIP guests for events organized through the VPO & Contact them to confirm attendance.
- Updates and maintains card scan database.
- Actively Supports planning, preparing and implementing all plans for VPO visitors and events on the Dubai campus
- Put together diverse elements in support of VIP visits and events to the Dubai campus.
- Organizes multiple visits and events, sometimes on a very short notice.
- Liaises with Colleges and Departments for visiting lecturers for student attendance.
- Liaises with the Marketing & Publications Department for all printed materials and banners as needed for events.
- Provides administrative support to the Manger, Protocol & Administration, VPO, as needed.
- Organizes and files documents for the Manger, Protocol & Administration and for VPO as needed.
- Oversees placement of and reviews documents placed on the VP Office Staff electronic filing system, “SharePoint.”
- Attends meetings called by the Manager, Protocol & Administration and prepares notes on the proceedings.
- Formats and sends letters prepared by the Manager, Protocol & Administration.
- Follow-up tasks to be sure all matters brought to the attention of the Manager, Protocol & Administration are completed in a timely manner.
- Keeps an inventory of supplies required by the VP’s office.
- Uploads purchasing requests into banner system for VP Office.
- Processes purchase requests and keeps files of documents signed by the Manager, Protocol & Administration.
- Prepares presentations under the direction of Manager, Protocol & Administration.
- Maintains inventory of all VP gifts; advises the Manager, Protocol & Administration when quantities are low.
- Sets up meetings requested by the Manger, Protocol & Administration.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have a good comprehension and oral command of English and Arabic.
- Must have good reading and writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Good computer skills are essential.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.