Research Fellow (1-year contract), Living Analytics Research Centre
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The Living Analytics Research Centre (LARC) is a research centre set up in Singapore Management University (SMU) and Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) as our strategic partner that focuses on analytics in the fields of Urban and Community Liveability, Personalised Urban Mobility, Jobs and Skills Intelligence, as well as Smart Consumption and Healthy Lifestyle. Candidates who join us can also expect to gain a deeper knowledge in the following areas such as Big Data Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Human Computer Interaction, Urban Computing and other relevant disciplines.
The Research Fellow will work with faculty researchers on one or more of the following research topics in the urban/social computing, smart cities and consumer business domains.
- Data and Text Mining
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Social-Urban Sensing
- Big Data Infrastructure
The candidate will also be required to:
- Design research methodologies
- Develop algorithms and models
- Design and conduct experiments Implement applications, tools and systems
- Develop analytics capabilities in big data infrastructure
- Conduct data science studies
- PhD in Computer Science and related disciplines
- Good knowledge in relevant research topics and related research skills
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++ and C
- Strong interest in human computer interaction and visualization is an added advantage
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills
- Analytical and meticulous with attention to details