Assistant Manager, Training Management & Admin (2-year contract), Institute of Service Excellence
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
Documentation and Claims
- Primarily responsible for handling end to end submission of documents to SSG for claims.
- Co-ordination with participants to prepare and file necessary documents for submission on time to the relevant funding bodies. These would include (but not limited to) the following - signed attendance list and feedback forms after each class, assessment records, invoices and payments, other documents as required by the relevant funding bodies, i.e. SkillsFuture Singapore.
- Monitoring completion of end of course evaluations and post course survey completion.
Payments and Processes
- Ensure participants are billed in an accurate, timely manner and liaise with reporting manager on billing progress and status to reduce number of ageing accounts.
- Manage and support the payments of the enrolled participants to ensure they have been recognized and receipts issued, negotiate contracts, maintain financial records, verify invoices and expense reports for accuracy and support the preparation of final accounting report.
- Timely invoicing and payment of honorarium and claims (Faculty, Trainers and/or Facilitators).
Programme Delivery Fulfilment
- Point-of-contact with instructors, vendors and participants for the smooth running of programmes.
- Management and coordination responsibilities with internal or external partners / stakeholders on programme fulfilment delivery (i.e. venue, facilities, internet access, software needs, catering, restaurant bookings, dietary requirements, parking coupons, etc.).
- Assist to prepare and print programme course materials and certificate of completion.
- Essential On-site course delivery presence to ensure smooth running of programme.
- Assist and support on-going projects and/or initiatives towards programme related enhancements and improvements.
- Assist to track programme enrollment trends and provide constructive feedback to ensure target enrollment figures are collectively achieved.
Programme enrollment and Relationship Management
- Respond to inquiries from potential participants and enrolled over-the-phone, email and/or written correspondence.
- Anticipate and resolve participants’ issues, respond to inquiries.
- Maintain records, documentation and database for course programmes/ initiatives.
- Build good and constructive relationships with staff from other departments across the university.
- Institutional Support Ownership of ISE’s generic mailbox and first point of contact towards all Institute level correspondences.
- Leading periodic initiatives which include coordinating Board of Advisors meeting and ISE welfare / teambuilding.
- Provide supportive roles at university level events or engagements (where applicable).
- Degree and/or Diploma with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in education sector is advantageous with prior roles involving training development and facilitation or events management.
- Customer service oriented with strong initiatives
- Proactive team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently/multitask and work under pressure Strong organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.