Student Finance Advisor
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 27/11/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Group Finance - Finance
Maximise cash collection and minimise the risk of bad debt whilst maintaining a good relationship with customers. Supporting and working with other finance and non-finance based teams to ensure the smooth running of our business in line with company policy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide an effective and innovative phone customer service experience to our University students. Support proactively our students in their progress through our programmes.
- Assist and inform current students regarding policies and requirements for selected finance options.
- Provide proactive, timely, accurate and comprehensive customer service to students. Utilise critical thinking, creativity and problem solving skills to address and resolve student issues to ensure a progressive student experience.
- Evaluate student accounts to explore solutions that assist students in attaining their educational goals.
- Monitor student account receivables and related financial activity to ensure its adherence with the student selected payment option and company policy.
- Suspend students for non-payment of fees and reassign the account to the in-house collection team to commence legal action.
- Interface with other departments within the organization, navigates company's customer information systems and displays a fundamental knowledge of company, services and products to research and respond to customer inquiries.
- Supporting and collaborating frequently with other finance and non-finance based teams to ensure the smooth running of the business in line with company policy.
- Coordinate the resolution of past due balances under established guidelines through direct contact with students.
- Facilitate the processing of any loan partners such as Student Loans Company/Law Loan provider to ensure compliance with established regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and ethical standards.
- Ensure all refunds are correctly authorised according to BPP refund policy and pass to the Finance team to be processed
- Proactive in identifying potential barriers with the student finance process and initiates steps resulting in resolution through asking questions, listening to responses, verifying information, considering alternate conclusions and staying solution focused.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent to achieve the main duties above.
Skills, knowledge and experience required for role
- Able to organise and prioritise own and function’s workload.
- Strong communicator with good negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive business partner.
- Strong IT skills.
- Customer relationship skills.
- Target and deadline driven.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit and basic disclosure screening.