Hard Services Engineer
Organization Name Administration and Facilities
Khalifa University is a world-class,research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Hard Services Engineer, Facilities is responsible to carry out maintenance activities and ensure the proper maintenance, repair and operation of Mechanical as well as electrical systems. Also responsible for coordinating all the required up keeping of the buildings facilities, includes the required maintenance keeping in view health and safety requirements.
Perform duties related to maintenance related activities on KU campuses:
Carry out regular maintenance programs for all electrical installations at KU Campuses, and ensure that the electrical installations are adequately maintained.
Conduct regular inspections of Campuses electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards and defects,and conduct the necessary repairs.
Oversee the testing of electrical systems,circuits, electrical wiring and equipment using testing devices, to ensure compatibility and safety of the electrical system.
Prepare technical specifications, scope of work and bills of quantities for electrical facilities projects.
Carry out site inspections on regular basis to detect any abnormalities / defects includes preparation of reports on related matters.
Repair and replace electrical parts and components, when required.
Ensure that campus emergency electrical systems and alarms are operational at all times.
Respond to emergencies quickly and proactively.
- Support execution of projects including compressed air systems, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, industrial gas/fluid systems, energy management, and fire protection systems.
- Support value engineering efforts to produce a cost effective designs.
- Communicate and ensure a collaborative environment of high performance teamwork with Maintenance team, Facilities staff, Environment Health and Safety staff, consultants, and contractors.
- Provide life, safety and building code analysis on facilities projects and support and implement programs within the University campuses to prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of potential environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Present condition survey reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
A minimum of2-3 years of relevant experience
A minimum 5years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. All applicants should submit an online application via the portal.
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Hard Services Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly