Senior Systems Analyst
Application closing date 17/11/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade/Salary: H (£36,914 to £42,792 per annum)
Job category/type Professional Services
The University of Central Lancashire wishes to recruit a Systems Analyst to provide high level systems analysis skills to assist in the delivery of a wide range of LIS projects. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and support of a number of corporate IT systems and services.
Skills will include
- Significant experience of structured systems analysis using SQL and Oracle databases
- Significant experience of technical specification documentation
- Excellent problem solving skills
In order to support the university, you will need a good knowledge of current and emerging technologies and an aptitude to apply these technologies in a Higher Educational environment. You must demonstrate a customer focused approach to all of your work with the ability to communicate effectively at both a technical and non-technical level.
- A full time annual holiday entitlement of 42 days, including 8 statutory public holidays and 4 discretionary University days. The leave year is September to August. If the appointment is made part-way through the year, holiday entitlement will be reduced pro rata
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours including Flexi-time
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to UCLan’s Pre-school centre
- Access to the University’s outstanding sport facilities which include the UCLan Sports Arena and the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre with competitive membership packages.
- Staff network groups
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
School/Service: Learning & Information Systems
Hours: Full Time (1.0 FTE - 36.25 hours per week)
Interview Date: 21 November 2019