Manager, Marcomms (3-year contract), Institute of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Facilitate development of peer-to-peer relationships among the respective students, startups and corporate communities
- Develop new partner opportunities by researching and identifying potential partnerships
- Key liaison between MarComms and Programme teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Liaise with programme managers to stay updated on new products and features.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the I&E eco-system.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- Degree / Post Graduate Degree from a reputable university, in business, finance, marketing, education or related disciplines
- 5 to 8 years of relevant working experience
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Thinks beyond own area of responsibility examining linkages and interactions between different parts of a system
- Good knowledge of budget, grant administration and financial management principles
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across departments and manage a wide range of stakeholders and students effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment Up to date with industry trends in the innovation and entrepreneur eco-system
- Prior experience working in the education industry or in a startup will be viewed favorably
- Meticulous and outcome driven.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.