Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator
Western Australia Health Translation Network (WAHTN)
Consumer and Community Health Research Network (CCHRN)
- Be part of a team that brings together health and medical researchers, consumers and community members to inform research.
- This is a unique opportunity on a Level 6, part time basis until December 2020
- Part time (0.6FTE) with the possibility to increase (funding dependent)
- Salary range: $79,200 to $83,763 (pro rate) plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
The WA Health Translation Network (WAHTN) represents a new, collaborative way for universities, hospitals, medical research institutes and health affiliated organisations to work together in Western Australia. Under the WAHTN, the Consumer and Community Health Research Network (CCHRN) was established to expand current consumer and community involvement programs across WAHTN partners.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator to join our team, be part of an innovative Program of Work where the consumer and community 'voice' is integral to the way health research is designed, delivered and translated into better health outcomes for patients, an improved health system and improved policy and practice.
Learn more at CCHRN Vision Mission and Values.pdf
In this unique and exciting Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator role, you will bring strong relationship management skills and provide guidance and support to both researchers and the community.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- A high level understanding of and experience in current consumer and community involvement principles and practice
- A passion for consumer and community involvement in research
- Strong understanding of the value that a 'lived experience' can bring to research and teaching programs
- Ability to build, foster and maintain supportive relationships with current and potential partners
- Ability to work collegiately within an existing team environment as well as being able to work independently within existing processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of the research environment would be advantageous
We work at one of Australia’s most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Monday, 2 December 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).