Postdoctoral Fellow, Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
Organization Name Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Be responsible for the experimental and modeling aspects of the project Plastic Enhanced Asphalt (PEAM) Mixtures and the utilization of the test results for the development of a mix-design procedure.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Be responsible for the experimental and modeling aspects of the project Plastic Enhanced Asphalt Mixtures (PEAM) and the utilization of the test results for the development of a mix-design procedure.
- Select, prepare, perform and analyze the results of multi-scale tests for identification of the basic chemo-mechanical properties of the constituents of PEAM and their interactions.
- Develop a physico-mechanical constitutive model and methodology for identifying the significance of the various components and design parameters to the overall performance of the mix.
- PhD in Civil or Chemical Engineering with emphasis on material testing.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in the technology, testing and modelling of the chemical interactions and mechanical response of modified bitumen and asphalt mixes.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).