Research Associate, OR MASTER
Post 1: Research Associate (Stochastic Modelling either/or Heuristic Algorithms)
Post 2 : Research Associate (Mathematical Modelling, Integer Programming, Heuristic Algorithms)
Mathematical Models and Algorithms for Allocating Scarce Airport Resources (OR-MASTER) is a Programme Grant funded by the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council, UK (EPSRC) involving Lancaster University and University of Leicester. At Lancaster, OR-MASTER will be undertaken by the Centre for Transport and Logistics (CENTRAL). Professor Konstantinos G. Zografos at Lancaster University is the Principal Investigator and overall Programme Director, Professors Kevin Glazebrook (Lancaster) and Edmund Burke (University of Leicester) are the two Programme Co-Investigators.
OR-MASTER will develop new mathematical models and algorithms for solving complex, large-scale airport resource allocation problems. To achieve our objectives we seek to recruit three world-leading post-doctoral researchers (Research Associates) with ambition, potential and determination. The RAs may also have the opportunity to work in other projects undertaken by CENTRAL.
The main activities of the post-holders will include:
- Innovative research investigation under the OR-MASTER and other projects undertaken by the Centre for Transport and Logistics (CENTRAL)
- Collaborative activities with CENTRAL affiliated organisations and participation in project events (e.g. stakeholder workshops)
- Preparation of research papers
- Preparation and presentation of conference papers
- Contribution to the development of impact cases
- Other duties associated with the CENTRAL activities and projects, including workshops/seminars/conferences/advisory board and executive board meetings/engagement with project stakeholders.
The post is advertised for 20 months, however the final 16 months (October ‘21 – January ‘23) are dependent on funder approval of a project extension, which we expect to be granted subsequent to appointment of this position
We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.
Closing Date: Thursday 5 December 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 10 December 2019
Lancaster University - ensuring equality of opportunity and celebrating diversity