Associate Professor in Leadership and Management
Application closing date 01/12/2019
Faculty / School or Service Faculty of Health and Life Sciences Salary £51,044 - £63,684 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Academic
Coventry University is achieving an unprecedented level of success. Having earned a place in the 2019 Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings' worldtop 250, secured 15th spot in the 2020 Guardian league table, and achieved a gold rating in the Government's 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), our vision is to continue to enhance our position as a leading provider of innovative education and impactful research both nationally and across the world.
This is an exciting time to join the Faulty of Health Sciences, which is currently home to 8000 students. The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is the largest school in the Faculty and University; delivering a broad range of health programmes including 10 courses leading to professional registration, healthcare apprenticeships and a large portfolio of CPD courses at UG and PG levels, including:
- MSc Global Healthcare Management
- MBA Healthcare Sector, in partnership with Coventry Business School
- BA Applied Leadership and Management (Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship)
- Level 5, 6 and 7 apprenticeships and other commercial leadership programmes.
Due to the ongoing success and growth of our programmes, the School Health is seeking to recruit two senior posts within the Leadership and Management in Health team
- Associate Professor: to provide professional leadership and line management to our established team of c10 academics, clinical leaders and lecturers within theLeadership and Management in Health team. Working at a senior level within the School, you will be required to shape and ensure delivery of our ongoing leadership and management offer, working with students, employers and the wider university in the delivery of our ambitious strategy
- Assistant Professor: to become a Course Director and senior lecturer within the Leadership and Management in Health team, working with the wider course teams to develop, deliver and quality assure our programmes and ensuring that student experience is at the heart of our provision.
For both roles, teaching activity will span across our highly regarded suite of undergraduate and post graduate courses. With the School, all role holders at this level will be expected to undertake a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and or enterprise activity, along with various management and administrative tasks as part of their role and to contribute and engage with the University's wider agenda where appropriate
Tasks will be in line with the indicators outlined in the Person Specification.
Applicants must have a relevant Master's degree in an appropriate subject and experience of leadership and management within the healthcare sector. Experience of developing and delivering HEI based educational programmes would be advantageous.
The University offers academic and professional development and provides a Post Graduate Certificate Teaching Qualification for Lecturers who do not hold a recognised teaching qualification.
In addition to teaching and research, there are also opportunities for career progression through internationalisation and enterprise tracks. To support these ambitious plans, we are seeking new talent to join our expanding team. You will be supported to develop your interests in order to progress your career. The salary is dependent upon the skills and qualifications of the individual
If you share our values and ambition and want to be part of this vibrant academic community, we look forward to hearing from you.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Amanda Royston, email email@example.com
Interview date is 11 December 2019