Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations at NTU and a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden. The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
The Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to a diverse and select group of 5 individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigor to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of
- Artificial intelligence,
- Machine learning,
- Big data and data analytics,
- Software and security, and
- Mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
For the first year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD$100,000.
- An annual salary of up to SGD$80,000.
- Relocation allowance and generous housing grant for entire duration of Fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the 5 focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTU.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the second year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden.
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application date.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy.
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 Aug 2020.
- The application for the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 is open from 1 November 2019 to 31 December 2019 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
- Applications are to be submitted in electronic format only. Please refer to http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ppf for more details.
- The following information is required for submission :
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, template for download)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in engineering, business, science, humanities, arts, social sciences, education and medicine.
Helmed by Professor Subra Suresh, NTU is known for its cutting-edge research and technological innovation. NTU is placed 11th globally, and 1st among the world’s top young universities for six consecutive years (QS university rankings). It is also ranked No.2 among the world’s elite young universities (aged 50 and under) that have excelled in producing high-quality research (Nature Index Young Universities).
A model of sustainable living, the NTU Smart Campus is frequently named among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world. It has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) building projects comprising over 230 buildings, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Besides its main campus in the western part of Singapore, NTU also has a medical campus in Novena, Singapore’s healthcare district.
A cosmopolitan hub of more than 100 nationalities, the NTU community comprises about 5,000 faculty and researchers. We invite you to be part of this world-class university through the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship programme.