Assistant Digital Media Producer
Application closing date 17/11/2019
Faculty / School or Service Coventry University Online
Salary £26,397 - £32,996 per annum
Job category/type Professional Services
This post is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Digital Media Producer to join a large team dedicated to designing and developing cutting-edge online degree courses. We are looking for a wide range of digital media production skills and you may come from a range of backgrounds including; Animation, Digital Media, Film and Television, Illustration, Graphic Design, Journalism, Multimedia Production and Photography.
You are likely to have expertise in more than one area. You will work closely with the Digital Media and Studio teams to support the development of innovative, inspiring and enjoyable online content for planned online degrees on a major e-learning platform, and also for the business' exciting and diversifying portfolio. The exciting projects you will be working on will be accessible to thousands of learners across the globe. The Coventry University Online initiative is of significant strategic importance and will consequently have a great deal of visibility within the University and wider Higher Education sector.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with a large team of Digital Media professionals to produce high quality, creative and engaging digital media content.
- Operating cameras, lights, microphones and other filmmaking equipment.
- Video editing, audio post-production, basic illustration/animation/motion graphics.
- Assisting the production team in creating and maintaining pre-production and on-going media-related project documents, e.g. call sheets, release forms, logs etc.
- Ensuring digital media content is accessible so that students can access and easily adapt digital materials so that they can be used with assistive technologies.
- Adhering to in-house workflows, styles and norms including; file management, maintenance of folder structures and naming conventions, archiving, logging of assets and rights permissions.
- Applying correct branding to all course materials including graphics.
- Sourcing media from stock libraries when required.
- Providing support for Digital Media and Studio project teams, particularly in all content creation tasks. Coventry University Online is committed to developing professionals and their talents. An annual individual budget for CPD, onsite training/workshops, and supervision are provided for this role.
Closing Date: 17/11/2019