International Search for Academic Positions
The University of Macau (UM) is the only public comprehensive university in Macao. Leveraging this unique advantage, UM aims to establish itself as a world-class university with regional characteristics. English is its working language. In recent years, UM has seen a significant development in and a rising international recognition for its teaching, research, and community service. It has implemented a unique ‘4-in-1’ education model that integrates discipline-specific education, general education, research and internship education, and community and peer education. Combining this model with the largest residential college system in Asia, UM provides all-round education to students. In addition, it recruits outstanding scholars from around the world to create a multilingual and multicultural learning environment for students. With the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, and the new initiatives of the university to boost cutting-edge research and interdisciplinary programmes, UM embraces unprecedented opportunities for development, and offers bright career prospect to professionals in different areas.
To develop a faculty team with international academic influence, the following units are now inviting applications from those with excellent academic achievements:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Residential Colleges
- State Key Laboratory of Internet of Things for Smart City (University of Macau)
- State Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI (University of Macau)
- State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine (University of Macau)
- Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
- Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
- Institute of Microelectronics
- Institute of Collaborative Innovation
- Institute of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences
Further particulars about the job openings are available at https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/. Kindly apply online through the E-application system.
Remuneration offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification, current position and professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions. UM offers a wide range of benefits, such as medical insurance, provident fund, on campus accommodation/housing allowance and other subsidies. Further details on our package are available at: https://www.um.edu.mo/admo/vacancy_faq/.
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Tel: +853 8822 8589; Fax: +853 8822 2412