System Engineer Email and Collaboration Services
- Administration of the messaging and SharePoint application servers.
- Provides next level of support for the Helpdesk by solving e-mail server related problems on own initiative.
- Monitoring and tuning of Mailbox databases health in a DAG setup.
- Messaging queue monitoring to take remedial action in case of any spam attack.
- A mailbox, distribution lists creation and administration using PowerShell scripts.
- Microsoft SharePoint server monitoring and tuning on regular basis.
- Administrate the backup and recovery of mailboxes and disaster recovery of the message stores
- Configure the overall e-mail routing configurations and client mailbox access at the e-mail server level
- Responsible for documenting every single change in messaging and SharePoint core architecture.
- Administration and management of SMTP Gateways ( FortiNet Antispam appliances, MS Forefront Security for Exchange)
- Monitoring and configuration management of archiving server like EMC SourceOne.
- Responsible for maintaining post production Test environment to evaluate any new patches or upgrades.
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, and Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field.
- 3 years’ experience in server administration and/or e-mail and SharePoint support.
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange 2010 or training course on Exchange 2010 (preferred but not essential).
- Good knowledge of the infrastructure required to provide e-mail and SharePoint services.
- Good knowledge of identity management infrastructure and administration related tasks for Microsoft Exchange / SharePoint.
- Practical knowledge of SMTP Gateway Devices and antivirus /anti-spam solutions related to e-mail systems.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- 24x7 available on call in case of critical services unavailability.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department IT Support Service Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED