Director of Education
Director of Education (m/f)
EIT Health was created in 2015 by a consortium of around 140 leading life sciences and healthcare companies, research organisations and universities in Europe, with the aim to deliver innovations that can enable European citizens to live longer, healthier lives. For that purpose, it supports the creation of start-ups, develops new products and services and trains and educates students and professionals. It is funded by EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology), an independent EU body with about 80 m EUR annually which represents 25% of its total budget. The remaining resources are committed by the partner organisations.
EIT Health has its head office in Munich, Germany, and has co-location centres in Rotterdam, Paris, Mannheim, Stockholm, Barcelona and London. It has a permanent staff of around 80 people. More information can be found on www.eithealth.eu.
EIT Health CAMPUS is EIT Health’s education and training programme. In close collaboration with its industrial and academic partners as well as the healthcare sector, CAMPUS initiates, designs and supports education and training opportunities for students (at Master and Doctoral level), professionals from the health and healthcare sectors, citizens and patients. CAMPUS focuses on innovative, original and top quality education and training that complements existing programmes and ultimately innovates education itself – making it more entrepreneurial at the intersection of science, technology and business. Annually, EIT Health invests about EUR 20 million in the CAMPUS Programme.
EIT Health now wants to attract a new Director of Education to lead the CAMPUS programme.
The Director of Education leads the development and execution of EIT Health portfolio of education and training activities. Key accountabilities are:
- Lead the strategic planning and coordinate the implementation of the EIT Health CAMPUS programme
- Together with the partner organisations, continuously develop the EIT Health education strategy and stimulate the development of excellent innovative and impactful programmes
- Develop and implement strategies and business models to make EIT Health education and training programmes sustainable and impactful on the long-term
- Work closely with the Directors for Innovation and Business Creation and ensure optimal synergies
- Contribute to the effective communication of EIT Health with regard to our education and training activities, in close collaboration with the Director of External Affairs.
You report to the CEO and are based in Munich. While permanent location in Munich is the preference, commuting arrangements can be negotiated. You work closely together with the other members of the Management Board, the Supervisory Board and the education managers at the Co-Locations Centres. Currently, four members of staff directly report to the Director of Education at the HQ. You work closely together with the team monitoring education activities at EIT and the European Commission.
- At least eight years of professional experience in a similar role of leading the improvement of existing and development of new education programmes at international level
- Sector knowledge in the field of health and healthcare
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to deliver complex messages to a range of audiences
- Be passionate to work at the intersection of education, business and research
- Be well-organised, decisive, proactive, ambitious
- Be an inspiring team leader
- Have strong communication and influencing talent, skilled in navigating a large ecosystem that spans a variety of sectors and geographies.
If you are interested in this position, you can send your motivation letter and CV to EIT Health’s advisors, Egon Zehnder, at email@example.com.
The closing date for all applications is November 20, 2019.