Application Support Engineer
About the Trustee for the ICTHM Trust
The Trustee for the ICTHM Trust has been responsible for running the International College of Management for over 20 years and has worked to realise the ambitions of the visionary Australian's who founded it. Our journey so far has validated their courage and vision. ICMS's achievements are remarkable. It is unique as a higher education provider at every level of the organisation – its culture, size, location, ownership and organisational structure, management and business model.
International College of Manly, Sydney (ICMS) and its associated ICMS provider brands (International Sport College Australia, Aspire Institute and Aspire English) are located in Manly, Sydney CBD and Narrabeen. Our head office is located at our main campus in Manly and, with sweeping views over Manly Beach, offers a spectacular working location that would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
Our mission is to provide students with an exceptional education and the much-valued skills set to gain a competitive edge and exceed industry expectations in today’s job market. That is why so many of our lecturers have extensive industry experience, and why industry training and a leadership program are integrated into our courses. By choosing to study at one of our institutions, students gain the practical, academic and professional experience they need to be career-ready by the day they graduate.
About the role
The Application Support Engineer provides software engineering and systems administration support to the institution’s enterprise applications including the Student Management and Customer Relationship Management systems. The role provides support across the Application Development Life Cycle including systems analysis and design, implementing enhancements, systems administration, integrations between systems, maintenance of environments, undertaking bug fixes and troubleshooting, planning of system upgrades in consultation with stakeholders, management of functional and user acceptance testing, resolution of complex system queries and provision of high quality technical advice across all student systems.
As the Application Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide day to day functional maintenance of the institution’s enterprise software applications including Student Management and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Develop and implement enhancements, improvements and bug fixes to the institution’s enterprise software applications
- Design and write code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications to the institution’s enterprise software applications.
- Develop and implement scripts to automate processes and integrate the institution’s enterprise software applications.
- Maintain production, development and testing environments for the institution’s enterprise software applications
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures and undertake system testing
- Resolve complex system queries and provide high quality technical advice across all Institution applications
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation for the specification, operations and maintenance of software applications
To be successful in this role, you should have the following attributes:
- A degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in the development of software and scripts to maintain and enhance enterprise applications
- MSCE Certification
- Experience in SQL and databases systems including MsSQL, Oracle and MySQL
- Preferred 2 years’ experience in supporting applications in a Higher Education institution
- Experience in Oracle People Soft Campus Solutions
- Experience across all facets of the Software Development life cycle
- Experience in Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Experience in Object Oriented Systems Analysis and Design tools including proficiency in UML
Remuneration and Benefits
The annual salary, depending on experience, ranges from $65,000 to $75,000 per annum plus super.
How to apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter by selecting the 'Apply' option.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
Monday 25th November at 12pm AEST.