- Melbourne CBD Location
- 2 Year Fixed Term Contract, 1.0 FTE
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
About the role and college/portfolio
The School of Engineering is renowned for world-class research outcomes, excellent research facilities and robust partnerships with local and international industry leaders. It comprises of seven Research focus: Aerospace Engineering and Aviation, Chemical and Environment Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics engineering and Mechanical and Automotive Engineering. School of Engineering is based in both, the Melbourne City campus and Bundoora campus.
The primary objective of the position is to support the delivery of research and development within the Just-in-Time implants project supported by the IMCRC and involving Stryker Australia, St Vincents Hospital and the University of Technology Sydney. The position is based within the RMIT Centre for Additive Manufacturing. The candidate will work closely with research staff and partners at Stryker, being primarily responsible for translating prototype code and algorithms into production code. A high level of proficiency programming C++ is required, as well as a high level of understanding of modern software design methodologies.
The candidate will be required to consult with research, industrial and clinical partners to develop and implement appropriate workflows within existing software frameworks. The candidate will be required to develop software according to defined coding standards, including the use of versioning and code review tools. Experience developing software according to the medical device standards IEC 62304 "Software lifecycle for medical devices" and IEC 62366 "Usability in medical devices" and experience with scripting languages including MATLAB and python will be viewed favourably. The candidate will be provided with the opportunity to maintain and advance their research and/or professional capabilities in the area of expertise.
About You Qualifications Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- High level of proficiency programming in C++ and a great understanding of modern software design and development methodologies, including software architecture and design experience
- Experience developing software according to the medical device standards IEC 62304 "Software lifecycle for medical devices" and IEC 62366 "Usability in medical devices"
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management)
- Degree in computer science or software engineering
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top-five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For any enquires please contact Milan Brandt on email@example.com.
Applications close on 20 November 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.