School/Professional Services: Estates and Facilities
Hours of Work: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Estates and Campus Services
Starting Salary: £20,778 per annum (Band F £26,715 pro rata)
Hours: 28 hours (0.78 FTE)
Since 1850, St Mary’s mission has been to provide a high quality professional environment, inspired by its distinctive ethos and values. The University is an inclusive academic community, where everybody is welcomed.
St Mary’s is on an exciting journey of transformation and growth, to benefit students, staff and the wider St Mary’s community. As the University builds on its proud heritage, it will be looking for exceptional people to help shape its progressive future.
Estates and Campus Services plays a key role in ensuring the University’s expansive campus in Strawberry Hill meets the needs of 6,000 students and staff. The department manages the campus environment and building stock, employing approximately 120 staff who deal with everything from designing and constructing a building to making sure it is cleaned, well maintained and secure.
We have an important part to play in supporting St Mary’s future growth. Currently, the estate is in four main parts; this includes Naylor library (about ten minutes’ walk from the main campus), which complements the facilities in our main campus library with an additional 300 study spaces, printed library resources and a café.
Our Teddington Lock sports ground, situated near the River Thames, provides an excellent setting for a variety of sports and boasts a multifunctional floodlit all-weather pitch, three grass football pitches, rugby pitches and two cricket squares, in addition to two pavilions, teaching spaces and changing facilities.
The Exchange owned by Richmond Council and leased to St Mary's University under an agreement that the building will be used for a mixture of University use, Community Group use and public events. The building has a 300 seat theatre, 5 studio rooms, a café and a bar. It is the building directly opposite the entrance to Twickenham station 15 minutes’ walk from main campus.
The role is to provide full administrative support to the Maintenance/Grounds and Gardens Managers and other managers within the department as required. The post holder will act as liaison between the Managers and other staff members of the University whilst providing administrative support to the Estates & Campus Services team as well as undertaking more complex non-technical projects, thereby assisting in the smooth running of the Estates & Campus Services Department.
Successful applicants will need:
- Proven Management skills
- Previous office/administration experience gained in a similar environment.
- Problem solving ability, being able to respond quickly to meet tight deadlines and work well as part of a team
- Excellent word processing and numerical skills
- Attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel, Project, Word, Access and Outlook (including diary management)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously and politely with all situations both internally and externally under pressure
- A sound financial awareness including experience of managing budgets
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to deal with complaints
- A methodical but flexible approach to work.
- Confident and self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised in a very busy environment and under own initiative.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
For further information about the role, please click here
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th November 2019 at 23.59
Interviews are likely to be held on the 11th November 2019.