Post-Doctoral Fellow, Virology
The School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, but also includes the Museum of Human Disease in the Samuels Building and the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick.
About the role:
- 1 Year, Fixed term Full time opportunity
- $76, 570 – $102, 092 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Sydney, Australia based
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow is an exciting opportunity to work closely with senior researchers and provide support across a number of ongoing projects in various areas of the research. The successful applicant will drive a research project in the Jacques group, experimentally support other students and researchers in the group, help define and drive new research directions aligned with the overall goals of the group and the single molecule science unit.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD in virology, immunology, or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in virology, particularly HIV, and/or HBV, and/or mononegavirus model systems
- Demonstrated expertise in tissue culture practices
- Demonstrated expertise in protein depletion methodologies including siRNA and CRISPR
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology, particularly innate immunity and cell-autonomous immunity
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology techniques
- Demonstrated expertise in proteomics and identification of proteins using mass-spectrometry methods
- Proven track record in publishing scientific research papers and demonstrated experience in grant writing and ethics submissions.
You should systematically address the selection criteria from the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Contact: Dr David Jacques - Scientia Fellow, Single Molecule Science
Applications close: 11 pm, 15th January 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity