Postdoc Position in the Field of Mathematics and Statistics
Deadline 29 Oct 2019
Start date November 2019
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Mathematics and Statistics
Research activities at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics encompass several main branches of pure and applied mathematics, including algebra, category theory, topology, number theory, differential geometry, differential equations, several complex variables, statistics and mathematical modelling.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a Cover Letter
- contact information of at least three referees
MU offers the opportunity to gain:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- possible tenure track with an initial appointment for two years
- a professional team and a pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a Welcome Service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from December 2019.
The submission date is 29 th October.
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
Roman Čermák, M.Sc., bursar of the Faculty of Science