Subject Matter Expert, Strategy and Finance
Closing date: 30/10/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Accountancy & Tax
Home based (some travel to BPP offices will be required).
Permanent, full-time contract, although part-time applications will be considered.
The SME position involves producing educational materials (creating, updating and technically checking) in accordance with the timescales contained in the production schedule. These are materials for use in BPP accountancy & tax courses and external sales, as well as produced under contract for external clients.
SMEs are responsible for the creation, updating and technical checking of their assigned materials which are then prepared for publishing by other departments.
- Content creation: To create and update educational materials (workbooks, digital content, question banks, recordings, tutor guidance and associated supplementary materials).
- Technical checking: To review materials prepared by other SMEs, checking for technical accuracy and style compliance and to provide constructive feedback and suggestions.
- Knowledge development: To keep up to date with relevant developments in your profession and your subject specialism, and to contribute to the pool of expertise within BPP.
- Product quality: To ensure that material produced meets customers’ needs and leads the market in technical and typographical accuracy and educational effectiveness.
- Customer service and marketing: To respond promptly and informatively to student and other customer queries and to develop links with key stakeholders, e.g. examiners.
- Teaching: Some teaching of relevant papers will be expected, either at a local BPP centre or online.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required
- Teaching or creating content for relevant accountancy & tax qualifications, ideally both.
- Subject expertise in strategy & finance papers
- Qualified through ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS or equivalent
- Delivering high quality outputs to strict deadlines
- Clear, concise and grammatically correct written communication
- Strong organisational skills