Research Engineer, Gas Research Center
5 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Gas Research Center
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The primary purpose of the role is to do experimental work relating to molsieve deactivation during gas drying operations. The work will primarily involve the construction of two test rigs from Swagelok components.
- Subsequently these units will be used to study molsieve behavior (both breakthrough and reaction to contaminants) at various operational conditions in flow operation.
- To provide high quality research support for ADNOC Gas Processing thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University in getting industry support.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- First and for all, the work has to be done safely in accordance with the HSE protocols
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions
- The candidate will provide a sounding board for colleagues and to newcomers in the area of solid materials testing for gas adsorption.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related areas. Explicit interest in the envisaged tasks as described above.
- A successful incumbent has expertise in the area of heterogeneous catalyst or desiccant testing, construction of microflow or comparable equipment and an understanding of the general chemistry involved.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Research Engineer, Gas Research Center
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly