Date posted: 16/10/2019
Application closing date: 30/10/2019
Salary: £21,814 - £25,941 Per annum
Package: Excellent benefits package
Student Accommodation Assistant
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Student Accommodation Assistants to join our Accommodation team. Edinburgh Napier currently accommodates 1240 students in three developments around Edinburgh city centre. Our accommodation is affordable, modern and supported by a dedicated team of University staff.
As a Student Accommodation Assistant, you will provide operational support within the accommodation team for the management and control of University managed 3 developments of city centre self-catered student flats. You will provide front of house and administrative support for a wide range of tasks relating to the delivery of an excellent student experience, working as part of a team dedicated to this purpose. You will deal with Enquiries face to face, over the phone and by email, Assist at open days, arrivals weekends and resident life events days. You will support our student population with regards to wellbeing by signposting to the correct, and will be accountable for reporting any well-being concerns to the Student Accommodation Officer.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to join a customer-focused team where no two days are the same.
What Are We Looking For
You will assist the Accommodation Officer in the overall management, care, supervision, and cleanliness of the flats. You will ensure you are fully aware of and document all issues within flats so that any enquiry can be dealt with or progressed quickly and efficiently including for example student conduct hearings, neighbourhood complaints, flat inspection admin, end of lease charges and maintenance checking. You will help with the integration of the student tenants into their new community and the promotion of Residence Life events. You will need to have an awareness of and responsibility for the welfare of students within the accommodation. The ideal candidate will demonstrate relevant front line direct customer contact experience, ideally form a housing/property management background.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to work effectively with a wide range of people and deliver excellent customer service for the students whilst upholding Edinburgh Napier's values and behaviours
- Demonstrable working knowledge of all Microsoft packages with experience of advanced level Excel
- Strong numeric skills, this role will involve spreadsheet calculations and working with figures to track various costs
- Confidence in mediating and resolving issues with people, both disciplinary and welfare
- Ability to work proactively, demonstrating initiative and a hands on approach to problem solving
- An understanding of current student welfare and well being issues and the role of accommodation in supporting them
- Appropriate housing qualification
- Knowledge of relevant housing legislation
- Knowledge of tenancy management systems and processes
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
Benefits we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package. This includes a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts
Salary: Grade 3 GBP 21,814 - GBP 25,941 Per annum
Closing date: 30th October (midnight GMT)
Interviews are expected to be held W/C 11th November.
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.