Research Assistant in Soil Microbiology
The Department of Integrative Agriculture at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is seeking applications for a Research Assistant position in soil microbiology. This position is supported by the “University Program for Advanced Research” (UPAR). The job base will be the Maquam Campus and Al Foah Farm of the UAEU in Al Ain.
- MSc degree in Horticulture, Biology, Environmental Sciences or related fields.
- Experience in working with arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) propagation techniques including substrate and in vitro based production systems.
- Documented skills to publish research papers and to prepare and submit periodical progress reports for the funding agencies.
Previous research experience on topics relevant to soils of arid lands is of advantage.
- The ability to work independently and creatively with minimum supervision. The willingness to visit international collaborative laboratories and to attend workshops and trainings.
- The ability to supervise undergraduate and graduate students conducting research in the field of AMF.
- The ability to fully management the purchases and maintenance orders.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Apply online (send CV with contact details of at least 2 references)
Division College of Food & Agriculture-(CFA)
Department Arid land Agriculture - (CFA)
Job Close Date 30-11-2019
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 7000 AED