The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Professor Nick McKeown is the Kleiner Perkins, Mayfield, Sequoia Capital Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, and is Faculty Director of the Stanford CS Bridge Program. His research group engages in projects to shape tomorrow’s Internet. The goal is to overcome barriers to network innovation by creating platforms for experimentation, demonstrating new ideas on top of these platforms, and most importantly opening these platforms to the world.
Professor McKeown seeks a Program Manager for the Stanford CS Bridge Affiliates Program. CS Bridge partners with universities in host countries around the world, to teach high school students how to program. As part of a larger movement dedicated to effective in-person computer science education worldwide, Stanford researchers also study how participation in CS Bridge improves student confidence with computer science, boosts interest in STEM-related fields, and transforms learning mindset–for both high school students and their undergraduate teaching assistants. Our goal is to inspire the next generation of computer scientists around the world, and to create role models for generations to come. For more information on the program, please see http://csbridge.stanford.edu
Your responsibilities include:
- Establishing two-week residential teaching program in initially four host countries, growing the program one country per year until 8-10 are reached.
- Arranging contracts with host universities on the details of the program.
- Organizing the selection of 1,000 high school students per year, coordinate interview and hiring of 2 lecturers per host country, coordinate interviews and hiring of 40-80 Section leaders from Stanford and host countries. Coordinate training of Section Leaders from Stanford and host universities
- Maintain the annual budget for each host university and the overall program. Will require monitoring and forecasting to help predict fund-raising needs in advance.
- Organize an annual event to communicate with our sponsors.
- Schedule classrooms and breakout rooms, schedule and arrange accommodation for travelling Stanford lecturers and Section Leaders
- Survey high school students, section leaders, host universities and lecturers for feedback on the program and possible improvements, report on the effectiveness of the Bridge Program to colleagues at other universities
- Represent the program to new host universities, new lecturers, the department, university and outside world.
- Assist Faculty Director and participating faculty to find and secure sponsors for the Affiliate program.
- Responsible for outreach to new host universities, screening each for suitability for the program.
- Comply with national and international travel requirements, insurance, and university policy, coordinating travel and insurance planning for over 100 people, including with the legal folks at Stanford.
- Hire, train and supervise an administrative assistant to help coordinate with host universities and travel for Section Leaders
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the needs of teaching computer science.
- Significant attention to detail
- Knowledge of travel policies and procedure, insurance, and safety
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Job Code: 4122
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 85003