Senior Advisor, Teaching Capability
- Work within the biggest university Business College in Australia
- Full-time, ongoing position based in Melbourne
- Support programs to transform & develop teaching capability
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
The College of Business comprises seven schools delivering a broad range of programs in Business, ranging from Certificates up to PHD levels. Many programs articulate between Vocational Education and Higher Education, creating pathways for further study. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore, Shanghai and Jakarta, as well as through RMIT Online. The College has an annual budget of approximately $200 million, employs over 475 staff and delivers programs to approximately 31,000 students.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate Senior Advisor, Teaching Capability who will be focused on supporting programs to transform and develop teaching capability in the College of Business. This is a key role in leading and coordinating essential activities with numerous stakeholders, such as academic and teaching staff.
You will mainly be responsible for:
- Providing strategies, advice and support on learning design, digital pedagogies and innovative teaching practice across transnational campuses, partner locations and online delivery channels
- Designing, managing and evaluating professional development programs to build staff capability in innovative pedagogies, digital applications and quality design and delivery to enhance practice and student experience outcomes
- Designing and developing strategies to assist with the introduction, implementation and support of learning and teaching initiatives that transform the student experience including the implementation of the College of Business Program Transformation strategy
- Managing and coordinating the College of Business professional development strategy ensuring it aligns to the achievement of university strategic objectives and also meet the needs of various stakeholders to ensure outcomes
- Taking an evidence-based approach to all work, utilising quantitative and qualitative student experience data and ensuring there are rigorous evaluation strategies (and tools) in place
You will have extensive experience in providing and facilitating high quality professional development workshops coupled with ability to support and influence across wide variety of academic and teaching staff to transform teaching practice and the student experience. You will have knowledge and skills in learning design, and highly-developed knowledge in the application of educational technologies and digital pedagogies.
You will be passionate about the Tertiary Education sector and a strong appreciation of the pedagogic field of practice, having worked in a similar position within the education sector. In addition, you will have project management skills, and able to work as part of a diverse team and across multiple different projects. You will have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines and with competing priorities.
A tertiary qualification in education, tertiary teaching or equivalent with extensive experience in building staff capability.
Bring your whole self to work.
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
Please submit your cover letter, CV and separate response to Key Selection Criteria (KSC) outlining your experience by clicking on the 'Apply now link. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below. For further enquiries, contact Susan Trigg, Manager, Learning and Teaching on (03) 9925 1378.
Applications close on Monday 28 October 2019 at 11:55 pm.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
We kindly request that we are not accepting agency enquiries for this role
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.