The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Department of Bioengineering
Stanford Bioengineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing department within the Schools of Engineering and Medicine. For more than a decade, we have sought to advance bioengineering as a fundamental engineering discipline grounded in basic sciences, powered by a unique set of engineering concepts and principles, and capable of realizing many diverse applications. In realizing our mission, we seek to capitalize on the unique history and strengths of Stanford and continute to stand as a model for bioengineering worldwide. Our community ranges broadly, consisting of esteemed alumni, world class faculty and students, vibrant staff and administrators and include some of the world's most successful leaders in bioengineering technology and business. Our staff stand shoulder to shoulder with our faculty and students enabling cutting-edge research and the creation of innovative solutions to global challenges through the field of bioengineering.
The Department of Bioengineering seeks an Administrative Associate to provide administrative and operational support to our faculty and their research labs. In this role, you will support individual faculty labs and their research programs, serving as a liason between the labs, central administration, and external instiutions, vendors, and collaborators. We need a candidate that is tech-savvy, motivated to accomplish tasks independently with minimal guidance, who is invested in maintaining a positive and productive work culture. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then bring your talent and passion and join us in seeking solutions to important global problems and educating the next generation of leaders who will make the world a better place!
Your responsibilities include:
- Representing the Department of bioengineering and individual faculty labs by being the first point of contact to respond to inquiries, determining and taking appropriate action as required.
- Coordinating logistics, materials, interfacing with vendors, and mobilizing appropriate lab and/or staff members associated with various projects as assigned.
- Composing, formatting, preparing, and distributing routine communications and materials.
- Maintaining a high-level of detail by managing multiple calendars, travel, events, and meeting coordination.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies, providing accurate and timely processing.
- Work with Department to bring in lab staff, students, and visiting researchers, ensuring appropriate paperwork is complete, coordinating all aspects of lab-specific onboarding logistics.
- Maintaining office and laboratory supplies and specialized equipment, obtaining vendor quotations, vetting supply requests, coordinating appropriate steps for purchasing, reporting, and aquisition.
- Maintaining approved content on websites, public and internal profiles, and various media published for labs.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies; work to ensure deadlines are met for university processes, grant reporting, other time-sensitive items.
*Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine and complex tasks.
- Demonstrated success with planning and executing tasks with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Capacity to help manage diverse teams of professionals including offsite workers, with an special emphasis on organization and communication and setting and meeting production deadlines.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- MS Office, Outlook, and Box experience
- Proficiency with common online platforms, such as Google Drive
- Proficiency with various social media and website editing
- Proficiency with Stanford systems
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Job Code: 4103
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84996