Clinical Neuroscience Research Coordinator
The PanLab for Precision Mental Health and Translational Neuroscience within the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science is focused on developing precision medicine approaches for mental health spanning mood, anxiety and attention disorders. Our research is centered on the goal of developing new brain-based classifications that inform an understanding of the individual and subsequent treatment selection. The PanLab is currently recruiting for a Clinical Neuroscience Research Coordinator to assist with the study coordination of a multi-site human subjects research project with the goal of prospectively determining the brain network mechanisms that characterize which individuals with treatment resistant Major Depressive Disorder respond to rTMS and why.
Specifically, the primary focus of the Clinical Neuroscience Research Coordinator will be to screen potential human participants, schedule testing sessions, and perform participant assessments using questionnaire, functional MRI and cognitive testing. The position requires a deep interest in the subject area and exceptional interpersonal skills necessary for participant interactions, including in-telephone and in-person interviews, and for each of the assessment modalities. There will also be the opportunity to assist with pre-processing and statistical data analysis, including for scientific reports and publications. The position will be supervised and mentored by an inter-disciplinary team of investigators spanning the Schools of Medicine and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. A clinical program at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto, will be responsible for delivery of the rTMS treatment. This position will oversee the close interaction between the clinical program and the assessment of participants undertaken at Stanford. The position will be based within a collaborative team and the PanLab values cooperation, fairness, efficiency and conscientiousness.
Since the position will have a coordinating role on a national high priority project, it inherently offers a depth and breadth of experience in many aspects of research and professional development important for future graduate school training and an independent scientific career. Additionally, the position offers the opportunity to meet and collaborate with leading research scientists in the field, thereby providing invaluable and unique exposure.
Interested candidates should include a CV or resume and Cover Letter addressing how your education and experience relates to the position as described above.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate study assessments (questionnaire, fMRI, cognitive testing) and undertake these assessments.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions and ensure institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits, including visits and meetings of the multiple testing sites.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Previous research experience in the fields of Biology, Psychology or Neurosciences;
- 1-3 years of related hands-on human subjects research experience;
- Previous work with human participants;
- Knowledge and Implementation of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines;
- Experience in the coordination of studies monitored by Clinical Research Organizations or Governmental Agencies (FDA);
- Understanding of treatment study regulations and clinical document requirements;
- Familiarity with the regulation and compliance of sensitive data storage and transfer;
- Proficiency with programs and basic scripts used in data management;
- Experience with brain imaging techniques or capacity to learn them quickly
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical research terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
Job Code: 4924
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84951