Administrative Executive, Finance and Administration
Location 62200 Putrajaya, MY
Organization Name Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
About Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry. We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland's most international university, boasting the largest international student cohort.
We have an established set of values that help us to nurture innovation and leadership, and show our commitment to continuous improvement and development in all our activities.
For full details on our University please view our Careers at Heriot-Watt http://www.hw.ac.uk/about/careers-at-heriot-watt.htm
About our Team
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM) is a UK university campus based in Putrajaya, Malaysia. HWUM is the second international campus of Heriot-Watt University ("HWU") which is a leading research-intensive UK university, specialising in science, technology, engineering, business, languages, textiles and design. With an international reputation for scientific and technological excellence, the University is truly global in scope and scale with a campus in Dubai, three campuses in Scotland and over 150 partners world-wide.
HWUM is operating from a stunning, purpose-built, eco-friendly, lakeside campus that currently has more than 2,000 students. Besides the academic offerings that range from Foundation to Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Business, Engineering, Construction, Actuarial Science and more, the university is a pioneer in Impact-Based and Positive Education aiming at developing Purpose-driven, resilient and world-ready graduates.
With highly motivated community, state-of-the-art learning resources and world-class learning and teaching facilities, the Putrajaya campus is a dynamic and stimulating place to study, grow and flourish. Students studying at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia undertake a well-structured developmental programme that takes them in four stages to develop the skills of knowing and leading self, leading teams, leading communities and leading enterprise. This inculcates emotional intelligence, interpersonal and analytical skills sought after by employers. Learning outcomes and standards are identical across all campuses which enables students to seamlessly transfer between campuses.
The Finance and Administrative Executive is responsible for the operations of the general ledger and accounts payable. He/she is responsible for the preparation of various financial reports, supports the accounts payable functions and ensures compliance with the University's policies, statutory requirements and approved accounting standards.
This post reports to the Assistant Manager – Finance and Administration.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial reports to all departments,
- Perform account analysis and process the required approved adjustments.
- Assist in budget, forecast cash flow and any other reports.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation schedules for audit and tax purposes.
- Assist in the annual corporate taxation submission.
- Process and maintain the Fixed Assets records and ledgers.-
- Conduct physical fixed asset count on quarterly basis.
- Support accounts payable and payment as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the managers.
- Ensure proper recording and filing of accounting documents.
- Provide general administrative support and any ad hoc duties as and when required.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post and its general responsibilities. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Education, qualifications and experience
This section details the attributes e.g. skills, knowledge/qualifications and competencies which are required in order to undertake the full remit of the role.
- Education & Qualifications
- Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum LCCI Diploma or degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 year of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Able to handle full set of accounts with strong accounting knowledge
- Meticulous and attend to details.
- Detail oriental with strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with high degree of commitment to meet deadlines and objectives
- Well versed with Microsoft Office applications especially proficient in MS Excel.
- Able to communicate Proficient in English. (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a team and take on ac-hoc urgent task.
- Accounting qualification
- Experience working in the education industry
- Able to communicate with all levels
- Hands on experience with Microsoft office, especially MS Excel
Means of Assessment
- Application form and interview
- Application form and interview
Essential Criteria - these are attributes without which a candidate would not be able to undertake the full remit of the role. Applicants who do not clearly demonstrate in their application that they possess the essential requirements will normally be eliminated at the short listing stage.
Desirable Criteria - these are attributes which would be useful for the candidate to hold. When shortlisting, these criteria will be considered when more than one applicant meets the essential criteria.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted to iRecruit system. Applications must be submitted by 9 November 2019. If you are not contacted by the selection committee by 18 November 2019 then please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. The University is committed to equality of opportunity.
Amount of Travel No Travel