Education Consultant, Executive/Senior Executive
62200 Putrajaya, MY
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
About Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry. We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland's most international university, boasting the largest international student cohort.
We have an established set of values that help us to nurture innovation and leadership, and show our commitment to continuous improvement and development in all our activities.
For full details on our University please view our Careers at Heriot-Watt http://www.hw.ac.uk/about/careers-at-heriot-watt.htm
About our Team
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM) is a UK university campus based in Putrajaya, Malaysia. HWUM is the second international campus of Heriot-Watt University ("HWU") which is a leading research-intensive UK university, specialising in science, technology, engineering, business, languages, textiles and design. With an international reputation for scientific and technological excellence, the University is truly global in scope and scale with a campus in Dubai, three campuses in Scotland and over 150 partners world-wide.
HWUM is operating from a stunning, purpose-built, eco-friendly, lakeside campus that currently has more than 2,000 students. Besides the academic offerings that range from Foundation to Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Business, Engineering, Construction, Actuarial Science and more, the university is a pioneer in Impact-Based and Positive Education aiming at developing Purpose-driven, resilient and world-ready graduates.
With highly motivated community, state-of-the-art learning resources and world-class learning and teaching facilities, the Putrajaya campus is a dynamic and stimulating place to study, grow and flourish. Students studying at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia undertake a well-structured developmental programme that takes them in four stages to develop the skills of knowing and leading self, leading teams, leading communities and leading enterprise. This inculcates emotional intelligence, interpersonal and analytical skills sought after by employers. Learning outcomes and standards are identical across all campuses which enables students to seamlessly transfer between campuses.
The post holder will provide counselling and information to prospective students and/or their parents on all programmes offered by the University.
The post holder will participate in various marketing activities, internationally and nationally, and will work with active University's partners/agents to promote the programmes.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide counselling and careful explanation (face-to face or via other media) on education guidance to prospective students and/or their parents and ensuring such experience is positive and satisfactory.
- Organise resources that lead to achieving recruitment targets set by the Management.
- Contribute and execute marketing plan and its related activities to drive student recruitment.
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate and attend schools visits, exhibitions, roadshows and other outreach activities of the University.
- Implement all school marketing events in accordance to the University branding standards.
- Support assigned agents, school/colleges counsellors and other stakeholders. Contributes to the work of the team and helping to coordinate work to meet deadlines.
- Build and maintain standard day to day relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor competitors' activities, materials and programmes
- Leads generation and conversion.
- Plan and execute student recruitment related campaign.
- Ensure that all marketing and promotional materials are well-stocked and up-to-date.
- Provide training, guidance and mentor new executives.
- Lead on projects for student recruitment – including outreach activities, lead engagement & campus events – leading to student recruitment.
- Assist managers in data collection, compilation and reporting.
- Assist in the development of marketing & communications materials for student recruitment.
- Develop and perform rapport building with the agencies that appointed under the candidate’ portfolio.
- The candidate is required to work on certain weekends and travelling (Domestic and International) to multiple locations when it is required.
- Perform or handle additional tasks that given by the reporting line manager
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post and its general responsibilities. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Education, qualifications and experience
This section details the attributes e.g. skills, knowledge/qualifications and competencies which are required in order to undertake the full remit of the role.
- Education & Qualifications
- Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Specia l Factors (if applicable)
Diploma / Degree (or equivalent qualification)
For Senior Executive:
Minimum two (2) years of working experience in relevant field, however fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated, target oriented and independent with high degree of commitment to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work and cooperate in a team oriented environment - people oriented with warm and cheerful disposition.
- Creative, resourceful, customer-focused.
- Be prepared to spend time away from home, travelling nationally and internationally. Must possess valid passport.
- Willing to work beyong normal working hours, including weekends and public holidays.
Enjoys being part of a start-up campus, developing the role as the campus grows, and willing to take a 'hands on' approach from the outset.
- Experience in post-graduate and/or undergraduate student recruitment.
- Experience in local and/or international student recruitment.
Knowledge of counselling techniques.
Proven ability to close sales.
Proficiency in speaking and writing English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin languages is preferred.
Preferably with own transport and able to travel locally and overseas.
Ability to work well under pressure on simultaneous tasks.
Willing to work in Putrajaya.
Means of Assessment
Application form and interview
Application form and interview
Essential Criteria – these are attributes without which a candidate would not be able to undertake the full remit of the role. Applicants who do not clearly demonstrate in their application that they possess the essential requirements will normally be eliminated at the short listing stage.
Desirable Criteria – these are attributes which would be useful for the candidate to hold. When shortlisting, these criteria will be considered when more than one applicant meets the essential criteria.
How To Apply
Due to Malaysian Immigration restrictions, we regret to inform that this position is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malaysia.
Applications must be submitted to iRecruit system by 9 November 2019. We aim to hold interviews at the Malaysia Campus in Putrajaya on the week of 18 November 2019. If you are not contacted by the selection committee by 18 November 2019 then please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity.
Amount of Travel