6 days left
- Full Time
Closing date: 24/10/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: University Education Services
You will have responsibility for the provision of Library and Information Services for students studying at McTimoney College of Chiropractic (MCC), Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
You will work as part of a national team of Library and Information Professionals and will specialise in supporting students studying Chiropractic, Nursing and Psychology. Your role will include providing services and support to students studying across a range of UK locations.
BPP University has grown rapidly since gaining degree awarding powers in 2007 and now consists of four academic schools. BPP Law School, BPP Business School, BPP School of Health and BPP School of Nursing. BPP’s Library and Information Service aims to provide library services to support BPP University programmes at learning centres across the UK and online.
McTimoney College of Chiropractic (MCC) delivers programmes to over 200 chiropractic students studying human and animal manipulation. BPP’s Nursing and Psychology programmes are delivered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level across a range of UK locations.
You will be an experienced user of health information sources and research databases and will be confident in training students and staff in carrying out research. You will be focused on the student experience and you will be able to balance the core areas of health research training, collection development and managing a library space. You will be able to think strategically and provide input to support projects. You will be a good communicator and a creative thinker with a friendly and professional approach. As the only library team member located in the Abingdon centre you will need to be able work independently, with support from the wider national library team.
- Manage the library study facilities at McTimoney College of Chiropractic (MCC) on a day-to-day basis ensuring that library services meet the needs of library users and that the library environment is conducive to study;
- Design and deliver face-to-face and online training programmes (small group sessions and lectures) and train other members of staff to be able to deliver the programmes where appropriate;
- Liaise with members of teaching and support staff to ensure the library services at McTimoney College of Chiropractic (MCC) meet students’ needs;
- Advise staff and students in making effective use of printed and online information sources;
- Work with the Acquisitions Librarian and Systems Librarian to coordinate and develop resources, including collection development and management, online information services, the online library and other initiatives;
- Develop and maintain performance monitoring systems and quality assurance procedures;
- Work with the Head of Library & Information Services to develop strategic plans and ensure a quality service is offered to all users;
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in relevant information and technology areas;
- Perform from time to time such other duties as may be consistent with the post.
For the role requirements, please refer to the full job description