Associated Professor, Department of Experimental Biology
Deadline 10 Nov 2019
Start date 1.1.2020
Masaryk University, Faculty of Science, Depertment of Experimental Biology, Section of Microbiology is searching for Associated Professor half time position.
Application deadline: 10.11.2019
First day of employment: 01.01.2020
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate level in the Czech language;
- Supervising Bachelor and Master's theses in the Czech language;
- Obtaining and solving Applied research projects;
- Obtaining and solving Contract research projects.
- Habilitation in the field of Microbiology or Waste Management;
- Experience in the given fields, both research as well as application;
- Publications in the field of Biotechnology, Wastewater Treatment, Anaerobic technologies;
- High experience in obtaining and solving applied and contract research in the field of biotechnology;
- Experience with practical design of waste treatment technologies;
- Active foreign cooperation either within EU or outside the EU;
- Diligence, independence, reliability, organizational skills;
- Pedagogical experience at the university for at least 15 years;
- Supervisor of successfully defended doctoral theses (min. 1), diploma theses (min. 10) and bachelor theses (min. 20);
- Knowledge of the Czech language at least at the CCE-C1 level, supported by a certified examination for foreigners;
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
- The background of a prestigious and successful institution;
- Motivational and friendly environment;
- Newly constructed experimental facilities, including a modern laboratory instrumentation;
Salary according to classification guidelines of Masaryk University.
- Cover letter;
- Professional CV and copies of documents of qualifications;
- Summary of publications in the last 5 years;
- List of the research projects and grants obtained in the last 5 years. Please state whether you were a Principal Investigator or participant;
- List of lectured courses and supervised Bachelor, Master's and Doctoral theses;