Software Sourcing Lead
1 day left
- Full Time
Stanford University IT’s Vendor Management team is continuing to grow. Come and join us in supporting Stanford’s missions of teaching, learning and research! The Software Sourcing Lead position is a key member of the Vendor Management team in Stanford University IT. We manage major campus wide technology software licensing and other technology product purchases and handle all vendor related issues for University IT.
This is a high visibility position for a seasoned strategic sourcing professional with strong proven track record and expertise in negotiating software, especially cloud based software purchases and managing technology vendors and contract renewals. This important role includes developing and negotiating licensing terms and pricing to best meet the University’s needs and drive the best value for the University.
The successful candidate will work out of our brand new Stanford Redwood City Campus, and interact with technology leaders throughout our IT organization. They will contribute to the success of a broad array of exciting technology initiatives that will help enable and accelerate Stanford’s digital transformation.
- Lead complex negotiation for acquiring technology products for University IT and campus at the best possible cost and business terms, with special focus on software and cloud based software licenses.
- Manage vendor lifecycle activities such as vendor business performance reviews, support contract renewals, vendor conflict resolutions etc.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree with minimum of eight years of relevant experience. Proven hands-on experience in negotiating software, cloud based software acquisition required. Experience in negotiating other technology product purchases like telecom, networking products is a plus but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct complex vendor negotiations for software and cloud based software acquisition to drive down cost and achieve better business terms and conditions.
- Ability to lead IT sourcing project that has a broad University level impact.
- Strong research skills, ability to conduct bench marking analysis in support of vendor selection and negotiation.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly and effectively present information to internal and external audiences, and all levels of management.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks;
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly, fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weight 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients (faculty, staff and students) and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4727
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84946