Competitive Club Fencing Coach
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Provide appropriate technical and physical instruction in all three competitive fencing weapons to a beginner and intermediate collegiate club team of male and female student athletes. Team to compete in the IFCSC, local to the southern California region.
- Supervise all practices and attend all scheduled matches to assist students development
- Coordinate and supervise assistant and volunteer coaches as necessary and approved by department/Institute procedure
- Cultivate a team atmosphere characterized by positive student engagement that prioritizes academics and personal growth
- Maintain a safe physical and emotional practice environment, high degree of communication with students and department
- Be knowledgeable of and responsible to work within all Institute policies and APER department philosophies
- Work closely with a department administrative coordinator on schedule, travel, equipment repair and inventory
- 4-year degree, B.S. or equivalent years of experience
- CPR/AED Certification
- Safe coach certification from USAFENCING
- Cover Letter