- Full Time
The Department of Pathology, through clinical chemistry and immunology lab, seeks a Lab Assistant II to provide a range of support functions for clinical trial of tumor marker(s) and establishing reference ranges of tumor marker(s), and other sponsored projects in therapeutic drug monitoring. The support duties may include preparation of reagents, instrument operation and maintenance, troubleshooting and quality control, patient sample analysis and result recording and data transmission, preparation of sample aliquots and shipping, preliminary result compiling and analysis, and communication with project PI and sponsor(s).
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
One year’s employment experience in laboratory work or a combination of equivalent education and relevant work experience/training (e.g. one year of college science.)
Work requires the ability to follow details instructions and keep accurate records.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-related computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand.
- Ability to stand and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Occasionally life and handle materials up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely carry/pull and/or push up to 20 pounds.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
Work occurs in a research laboratory environment. Depending on research, may work in the vicinity of animals, chemicals, gasses, or hazards materials. Expected to follow all safety requirements and procedures including wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guidehttp://adminguide.stanford.edu/ and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/hr-processes-policiespolicies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining
Job Code: 5794
Employee Status: Fixed-Term
Requisition ID: 84945