Senior Procurement Specialist
2 days left
- Full Time
Welcome to Land, Buildings & Real Estate:
Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is the operational core of Stanford University’s physical campus. LBRE constructs and maintains the Stanford campus, where advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. Our work is founded upon the collective value of dedication, innovation, expertise, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We are committed to serving the university’s academic mission, as well as preserving and enhancing Stanford’s 8,180 acres, and pride ourselves on supporting the teaching and research of the university as “Caretakers of a Legacy."
Finance P2P, a department within LBRE, seeks an experienced Senior Procurement Specialist to support purchasing services by performing day to day purchasing activities, continuously evaluating and improving purchasing processes, providing training and guidance to purchasing staff, and leading projects and programs that advance the organizational performance of the Purchasing Team.
The ideal candidate will have education and experience in procurement, contracts, and business administration, including in-depth knowledge of project and program management. The candidate must be a highly self-motivated and effective individual, with the ability to manage multiple programs in a complex and dynamic work environment. Finance P2P encourages and supports group, collaborative teamwork, as well as individual initiative and leadership, in order to fulfill its mission to support LBRE departments with creative, cutting edge processes, P2P tools, and customer service.
Core Job Duties:
- Administer purchasing programs and functions. Interpret, implement, and ensure compliance with policies and regulations. Resolve complex issues that often span organizational boundaries.
- Contribute to strategic purchasing planning and analysis for complex functions or programs with significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges. Provide development of program or function from initial concept to implementation.
- Represent purchasing programs or functions at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the development and management of purchasing outreach strategies that include relationship development, communications, and compliance.
- All these duties are to be done while working collaboratively with the payables team, to ensure a seamless, coordinate P2P process for LBRE departments.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate Requisitions, PO’s, and Change Orders, using Stanford’s Oracle iProcurement system. Support LBRE departments with purchasing questions and requests.
- Review and manage purchase order and contracts databases for document retention and tracking. Track active contracts/master agreements and purchase orders to ensure terms and conditions are current, and that funds are available to support LBRE department operations.
- Review and approve goods and services purchases, greater than $25k in value, up to $50K in value.
- Review and approve goods and services invoices placed on Oracle hold.
- Develop and maintain the Supplier Information database.
- Enhance and improve the current purchasing process for goods and services procurement by LBRE departments.
- Develop KPI’s and Purchasing reports for Finance, and client LBRE departments.
- Support purchasing staff with technical guidance and training.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Demonstrated success as a purchasing agent who has implemented programs and projects to improve purchasing at a large commercial, industrial, or educational facility.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills to effectively solve and respond to complicated requests.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices, especially as related to development of computerized business processes.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of spreadsheets, database, word processing, project management and process flow programs.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills, with the ability to support multiple projects of various types at different stages with an emphasis on accuracy and meeting milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good judgement and innovative and creative problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Procurement Specialist
Job Code: 2293
Job Code: 2293
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84936