Business Development Manager – Health and Wellbeing
PRIS0049 – Business Development Manager – Health and Wellbeing
Directorate of Research and Innovation Services
University of Dundee
Grade 9 (£52,560 - £59,135)
Research and Innovation Services (RIS) is the central professional services office at the University of Dundee which provides integrated research funding development, commercialisation and business engagement support to academic researchers. Working in partnership to deliver University and School strategic priorities and generate academic, economic and societal impact.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as a Business Development Manager for Health and Wellbeing within our expanding Business Engagement and Commercialisation Professional Team, to offer professional support to our high profile academic community.
The post will report to Head of Business and Innovation and will be integral to a thriving Directorate. The role will focus predominantly on the School of Medicine but as Health and Wellbeing is a strategic research theme of the University working across academic disciplines will also be core to the role..
This role will sit at a strategically important interface with the NHS and other members of the wider Business Development Community of Practice located within the School of Medicine, including the Academic Health Science Partnership, Scottish Health Innovations Ltd., the Health Informatics Centre, and Tayside Medical Science Centre. Co-operation and co-ordination with these teams and the wider community of the School of Medicine will be essential to the successful performance of this role.
Your priorities will include:
- Identify IP and research and commercialisation opportunities which would benefit from translational research funding and support the development of appropriate applications to funders to enable the technologies to reach a technology readiness level that would be attractive to private sector licensees or investors
- Support the development of proposals aimed at creating large scale research and innovation partnerships between industry and academia, connecting internal and external interdisciplinary teams and developing consortia for the future
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the research landscape of the School of Medicine, identifying key strengths and areas for industry engagement and translational research development
- Work closely with the wider Research and Innovation (RIS) team to identify and promote collaborative interdisciplinary opportunities
- Manage major strategic research and innovation initiatives and applications to external funders and partners including UKRI, Catapults Innovation Centres, and Scottish Enterprise, BBSRC, MRC, Innovate UK and specific key programmes such as Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and future initiatives which have an industry related focus
Who we’re looking for:
- A first degree in a Life sciences or biomedical related discipline relevant to Health and Wellbeing.
- Experience of working in industry, or an industry-focussed and/ or translational research public funder in a hands-on business development or technology transfer related role
- Successful delivery of commercial income via sales or licensing deals
- Successful track record in a hands on business development role of preparing and supporting substantial research and innovation or translational research funding proposals
- Experience of taking a strategic and analytical approach to assess areas of strength, identify competitive advantage and develop propositions that are commercially attractive
For further information or to apply for this post, please visit: www.dundee.ac.uk/jobs
The deadline for applications is midnight (UK time) on 23 October 2019.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena Swan and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services.
More searches like this
- $100,001 - $120,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts jobs in Dundee
- $100,001 - $120,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Other Academic jobs in Dundee
- $100,001 - $120,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Research Related jobs in Dundee
- $100,001 - $120,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Research Manager jobs in Dundee