Assistant Manager / Manager, Communication
Assistant Manager / Manager, Communication (Code: SDGHI/QKW)
The SingHealth Duke-NUS Global Health Institute (SDGHI) harnesses the strength and expertise of SingHealth and Duke-NUS Medical School to advance global health activities in the region and globally. Its mission is to address pressing health challenges and develop future leaders in global health through innovative solutions, programmes and partnerships
The Communications Assistant Manager / Manager will develop and execute a Communications Strategy for SDGHI and work collaboratively with the Communications teams from both SingHealth and Duke-NUS and will be supervised by the Deputy Director of SDGHI. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Content creation, social media marketing and publicity matters.
- Highlight and promote the profile of SDGHI through various channels and platforms both internally and externally with regular and consistent posting via newsletters, annual reports, social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as websites and various media.
- Create and maintain a story and photo/video bank for publicity purposes by working closely with the faculty to identify appropriate stories. This will include but not limited to updates on programme activities in priority locations and other programme sites.
- Develop and maintain the new SDGHI website.
- Assist with production of SDGHI brochures, posters and other publicity materials as required.
- Coordinate key SDGHI events such as seminars, signature lectures, monthly brown bag lunches or related events on global health topics.
- Organise, publicise and maintain a list of presentations by SDGHI faculty and external visitors.
- Organise and maintain SDGHI’s mailing lists.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein or as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree or equivalent in communications, social sciences or related disciplines.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in a communications role, including working with social media.
- Possess working knowledge of healthcare organisations in an academic and clinical setting with knowledge or interest in global health issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with stakeholders and team members across various functions and levels in an organisation.
- Able to be resourceful and creative, have strong analytical skills and is detail-oriented.
- Excellent organisation, planning, coordination and writing skills.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently and collaboratively across a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Able to understand the complexity of SDGHI’s work scope vis-à-vis SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre’s operating systems and relationships, including managing dual compliance processes and communications requirements.
- Proficient in general software applications that facilitate work operations such as Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with Photoshop and graphic design software would be advantageous.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.