Research Associate in Global Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
The HaSET (“happiness” in Amharic”) Global Maternal and Child Health Research Program at the Harvard Chan School of Public Health and Boston Children’s Hospital invites applications for a Research Associate. Our program works closely with partners in Ethiopia and Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health to generate evidence to improve maternal and child health programs and policies. In addition, we provide technical capacity building in program implementation, data analysis and use of evidence through direct collaborative work and workshops.
The successful Research Associate will provide full-time support for several research projects led by Dr. Grace Chan. He/she will manage scientific activities, lead all data management and data quality for ongoing studies, and develop and implement study protocols. The position offers the opportunity to collaborate on research papers, to further analytical skills, draft grant proposals, and work on a dynamic team of investigators, software developers, biostatisticians, and program staff in Boston and Ethiopia.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Study coordination and management, including overseeing timelines and work plans for project milestones and deliverables, drafting and implementing study protocols, data collection tools and standard operating procedures.
- Data management to organize and clean large data sets, including development of data protocols, quality assurance protocols, data use agreements, and training and management of a data team.
- Development of analytical plans and performing statistical analysis.
- Publications and reports to founders, key stakeholders, and grants applications.
- Additional technical support as required.
- Doctoral level degree in epidemiology or related field
- 2+ years of data management and analytic methods experience
- Experience with STATA required
- Experience working in international settings preferred.
- Experience in supervisory/ leadership role in research studies preferred.
- Experience with study designs, sampling methods, and statistical methods (including longitudinal data analysis, multi-level modeling, survival analysis, and casual inference) preferred.
- Experience with data system development and testing preferred.
- Excellent communication, verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, under supervision, and as a part of a team
- Excellent analytical, computer, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent time management skills, goal and detail-oriented work style, with meticulous consistent follow through.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- CV/ Resume
- Cover Letter
- Two writing samples
- Three references
Dr. Grace Chan
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.