Senior Sales Executive
Senior Sales Executive
Department: Times Higher Education – Hiring Solutions
Location: Red Lion Square, Holborn, London
Reporting to: Hiring Solutions Director
Times Higher Education is the data provider, editorial ombudsman and media partner supporting university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.com
The Hiring Solutions team curates and implements recruitment advertising strategies for universities looking to attract and recruit the finest academic, professional and leadership talent from around the world. With salespeople based in London, Singapore and Melbourne, you will be joining a global team who work on a plethora of accounts with distinct and varied challenges.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
This role is for an experienced and highly motivated salesperson who thrives on creating new relationships, travelling to foreign countries and driving new business. This role will manage THEunijobs’ European client base, focusing on growing said client base within key regions whilst also offering attentive and personal account management alongside the retention team. You will generate your own leads through online research as well as attending internal and external events. You will be expected to be out of the office as much as you are in it, meeting face to face with current and prospective partners, learning about their staff/faculty recruitment strategies and aligning our products and services to them. You should be comfortable selling at all levels of an organization from the C-suite down and should be able to sell both long term strategic packages as well as transactional products.
- To take ownership for your client base and create, maintain and further develop relationships with these universities and their elected representative(s) dealing with recruitment issues.
- To understand your clients’ recruitment needs and to develop bespoke solutions to assist them in achieving their goals.
- To conduct outbound sales calls to potential clients not currently advertising with THEunijobs and to advise them of our advertising opportunities.
- To attend sales meetings with new and existing clients across agreed territories.
- To attend industry and company events to drive sales opportunities.
- To generate new business through market research and personal knowledge.
- To respond to communications from universities, HE organizations and advertising agencies, to upsell appropriate solutions as per all of our advertising options.
- To monitor competitor websites including but not limited to; jobs.ac.uk, The Chronicle, Jobs Higher Ed, Inside Higher Ed and the Guardian and define new leads from them.
- To keep up to date on sector news, particularly news pertaining to recruitment issues.
- To accurately record information/sales within Salesforce (and other relevant systems), the company requires for market awareness, revenue or statistical analysis.
- To communicate with colleagues in the THEunijobs sales team and/ or the sales Director any market intelligence as deemed useful.
- To fully understand and be able to communicate to our customers the THEunijobs products, services and pricing structure.
- To maintain an extremely high level of customer care at all times.
- To ensure that clients are represented accurately across our media.
- To meet all publishing deadlines as appropriate.
- To focus on achieving group or individual targets as set out by Times higher Education.
- To attend meetings/events as requested.
- To comply with any reasonable request by senior colleagues.
- To attend any courses/training management may deem beneficial.
- To support the THEunijobs Production Team when necessary in line with business needs.
- GCSE/ a-Level or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of Commercial acumen
- Foreign language skills (particularly Spanish, German or French)
- Able to demonstrate a creative and original talent
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector
Required Knowledge/ Skills
- Excellent listening & communication skills
- Evidence of building long term client relationships
- Willingness to travel
- Computer literacy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
Times Higher Education relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.