Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the adviser. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Affinity for turning complex concepts into real-world solutions
- Coordinates day to day operations of the assigned laboratory and the assigned laboratory staff
- Ensures work is carried out and performed to the required standards
- Supports in lab instruction, when required
- Contributes to recruitment, training, development and performance appraisal of the assigned lab staff
- Supports in identifying and purchasing of lab equipment, following consultation with appropriate faculty and working closely with procurement/facilities management/fiancé departments
- Supports in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower, and space
- Contributes to development of policies and procedures of Dept
- Advises faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
- Works closely with direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students and researchers
- Supervise MSc and PhD students
- A PhD degree related to Computer Science or Robotics.
- Solid mathematics knowledge (especially linear algebra and statistics, and preferebly in convex optimization).
- Good software development skills are expected, preferably in C++ and Python. (This requirement could be relaxed if the candidate has strong research focus in robust and stochastic optimization.)
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record and background in multi-agent trajectory optimization, preferably in the context of Avs.
- Up to date with current tools and techniques in the area such as deep learning, deep reinforcement learning, POMDPs, to name a few.
- The successful applicant(s) will be able to conduct work independently as well as collaborate effectively with members of a larger team.
- Preferably research experience in the area of AI and/or Robotics
- Technical hands on experience of system integration (e.g., Linux command line and server configuration), and/or strong focus on robust and stochastic optimization theory
How To Apply
- Cv + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)