BI Engineer, Reporting
Responsible for development of technical analysis and design, new programming, modifications, scheduling, tuning, testing and maintenance of systems in support of new and existing Business Intelligence(BI) and other projects.
- Consult with client groups to assess user needs and requirements.
- Perform data analysis, design and development of new and ongoing business intelligence (BI) tools involving complex EDW structures OR on OLTP systems.
- Configuration of the OBIEE environments to meet user and security requirements including Data level and Object level security. Familiarity with application audit logging.
- Develop standards and tuning metrics and alert thresholds. Performance tuning of reports.
- Ability to create metadata, repository, dashboard, and reports / data mart based upon user requirements and data modeling
- Provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for BI initiatives.
- Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs and document technical design. Assist in Quality Control testing. Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Meticulously build BI applications following software methodologies defined.
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements.
- Support Source upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing. Provide operational support on failures and outages.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in Computer Science, or Engineering or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.
- Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced SQL.
- Understanding in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Knowledge in OBIEE presentation layer and reporting design strategies.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems with right solutions.
- Analytical capabilities to slice and dice data and display data in reports for best user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Ability to follow Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and should be able to work under any project management methodologies used.
- Ability to follow best practices and standards.
- Ability to identify BI application performance bottlenecks and tune.
- Expertise and experience in OBIEE/OBIA,
- Build and deploy reports using OBIEE , BI Publisher & Tableau
- Working knowledge and ability to work using Incorta, and Tableau
- Quick learner of any new technologies OR business processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Possess good communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge on Oracle Financials application is a plus
- Ability to work closely with Business Analysts and SMEs to understand business requirements
- Proactive and diligent in identifying and communicating scope, design, development issues and recommending potential solutions
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Knowledge of any ETL tool like Informatica Power Center will be a plus,
- Ability to perform data validation for OBIEE reports against various source systems
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun! Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in Spring 2019, is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4776
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J