Senior Contracts and Procurement Specialist
The Contracts & Procurement Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Contracts & Procurement Specialist to apply applicable bylaws that govern procurement and contracts policy in order to effectively manage the purchasing and contract function when securing goods and services for university operations at the most favorable terms, cost and within expected timelines.
- Performs and coordinates administrative, technical, and analytical work related to ensuring that all Colleges, Units and Outreach Centers are supplied with the materials, equipment, and services required to function optimally, including ensuring compliance with the appropriate guidelines, policies, and approved internal controls and alignment with State Audit regulations.
- Performs activities requiring advanced knowledge of procurement policies and practices which may include preparing and vetting complicated specifications, negotiating service contracts, and preparing significant and large purchase orders.
- Carries out and manages the procurement function to meet the University’s operational requirements for goods and services required by Colleges, Units, Departments and Outreach Centers on all campuses.
- Responsible for the performance management of contracts and procurement officer.
- Manages the order progress operation carried out by Purchasing Officers to ensure that goods and services are delivered within contractual deadlines and end users are kept advised of delivery status at all times.
- Supervises the daily tasks of Purchasing Officers on all campuses and ensures that duties undertaken are efficient in manner and are prioritized in order of importance to suit operational requirements.
- Supervises the daily tasks of the Store Keepers on both campuses and ensures that duties undertaken reflect operational importance.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES:
Ensures that the University’s overall insurance policy coverage (Third Party Liability, Burglary & Fire) includes the appropriate risk coverage in order to safeguard the university against unexpected liability and litigation.
REPORTING AND BUDGETING:
- Coordinates, collates and develops appropriate documentation to generate auctions that are contractually reflective of the University’s expected results pertaining to the disposal of University assets.
- Produces reports for all purchasing activity and to maintain an accurate log of material movement as a result of the award of business that is generated from ongoing activity.
- Performs pre-award and post-award contracts’ functions that capture the essence of highly specialized procurement of goods and services of significant importance to the University. Liaises and interfaces with Colleges, Centers and Units to ensure that initiatives and collaborations are dealt with effectively.
- Develops and edits contracts in accordance with System By-Laws to meet operational requirements.
- Manages the contracts function to ensure that contracted Parties adhere with stipulated contractual terms and conditions in order to uphold University interests and safeguard operational requirements.
- Closely monitors contractual performance in order to impose and apply the relevant contractual actions to be taken and to capture vendor history.
- Performs and contributes to the negotiations cycle when preparing high value contracts that exceed AED. 500,000 in value.
- Negotiates and reviews disputed claims by contracting parties and settlements in favor of Zayed University.
- Serves the needs of all Colleges, Units and Departments including Outreach Activities in meeting contractual demands pertaining to collaborations and initiatives proposed in support of University operations.
- Manage all types of contracts including revenue generating contracts that cover the complete spectrum of University services and activities generated by Outreach Programs, Food Services, Convention Center Leasing Arrangements, Stationery Shops, Specialty Stores, Health Services and Specialized Government Programs such as consultancy services, local, regional and international collaborations in all industry areas.
- Procures a broad range of goods and services for all campuses from local and international sources in line with established University By-Laws.
- Materials procured range from: computers (hardware, software, consumables, accessories), audio video equipment, office equipment, office and classroom furniture, theater furniture, lab equipment and materials, printing materials, stationery, text books, periodicals, vehicles, building materials and renovation services, construction contracts, rental of equipment, vehicles, insurance coverage (Public Liability, Fire, Burglary and Vehicular), and all custodial service contracts, such as cleaning, security landscaping and MEP coverage.
- Interprets purchase requests and vets specifications for generic content, and ensures that investigated supply sources and negotiated terms and conditions are in line with user specifications and in adherence with established by-laws.
- Secures quotations in line with the purchasing method approved by the Director. Ensures accuracy of prepared bid summaries by Purchasing Officers and interfaces with the User community to clarify anomalies in the process leading to a final purchase.
- Oversees and ensures that a vetting and benchmarking platform remains active and up to date with the changing dynamics of market conditions in order to verify proposals and bids against historical data, web published prices, and/or checking with end users to compare budgeted and estimated costs against actual prices.
- Oversees the functions of the Warehouse Officers and ensures that discrepancies and damage reports of delivered goods are dealt with effectively and replacements secured without causing undue duress on operations.
- Maximizes efficient use of inventory and shelf space by ensuring that non-moving stored material is recycled to meet operational demands with the objective of minimizing procurement costs for identical materials required by the campus community.
VENDOR/ RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Builds, develops and maintains effective relationships with key Principal Suppliers, local vendors and distributors.
- Negotiates contracts and represents the University’s position effectively when issues of dispute with contracted parties require resolution.
- Must possess effective negotiations skills and to have a thorough understanding of prevailing market trends of goods and services procured by the University, in order to counter vendors’ methods with astute ability when transactions are entered into.
- Coordinates and liaisse with the State Audit Institution on behalf of the department in all matters and operational issues pertaining to the Contracts & Procurement function.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree or related studies from an accredited Institution and 7 years’ experience in the purchasing and contracts field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Contracts and Procurement policies procedures and Government Bylaws.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and administrative skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision as well as demonstrates effectiveness as a team member in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of finance, business and project management.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic; results orientation; attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high command of the English and Arabic languages, both written and spoken.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.